Minn. Catholic Leaders Previously Warned Tim Walz On School Safety: Letter

The leader of the Minnesota Catholic Conference stated that Catholic and other nonpublic schools were in “urgent and critical need” of security upgrades in a letter that was resurrected and addressed to Minnesota Governor Tim Walz. The letter read, “Our schools are under attack.”

The request was ignored, and two years later, a shooter opened fire on students at a Minneapolis Catholic school during Mass, leaving two people dead and seventeen injured, bringing the worries expressed by Catholic officials to life.

Tim Benz, president of the private school advocacy group MINNDEPENDENT, and Jason Adkins, executive director of the Minnesota Catholic Conference, sent the letter, which was first published by the Daily Wire. The letter, which was sent on April 14, 2023, is still accessible to the general public on the website of the Minnesota Catholic Conference.

“We are writing on behalf of our respective organizations regarding the urgent and critical need in Minnesota to make sure our schools are secure and safe considering the most recent, and continuing attacks, on our schools in this country and in our state,” the leaders wrote.

Related Posts

Rosie O’Donnell said Trump is “the worst thing to ever happen to the USA”

Rosie O’Donnell on Donald Trump: “Well he is a cruel, criminal and mentally unstable man. I think he’s the worst thing to ever happen to the United…

DeSantis Defies Obama Judge Over ‘Alligator Alcatraz’ Shutdown

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has vowed to resist a federal judge’s order shutting down the controversial detention facility nicknamed “Alligator Alcatraz.” The facility has been a hub…

Trump Says He’s Confident Mike Johnson Will Remain Speaker

President-elect Donald Trump told Fox News Digital that House Speaker Mike Johnson will “easily remain speaker” in the next Congress if he “acts decisively and tough” and…

Comer: Biden Mental Decline Probe Could Overturn Pardons, Executive Orders

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer says his investigation into Joe Biden’s mental decline could be used to challenge some of the former president’s pardons and executive…

Trump Signs Order To Crackdown on Flag Burning: ‘You Get One Year In Jail’

President Donald Trump is making his move against those who burn the American flag. The president signed an order on Monday directing the Department of Justice and…

Lisa Cook Refuses To ‘Resign’ From Fed Reserve After Trump ‘Fired’ Her

Lisa Cook, the embattled Federal Reserve governor, has stated that she will not resign despite President Donald Trump’s announcement on Monday that she would be fired. Cook…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *